Thursday, April 8, 2010

Singin' in the rain....

It's too darn hot, too darn hot! Yes, it was like summer in the last couple of days, almost hitting the 90s. I wanna sup with my baby tonight, play the pup with my baby tonight, but it's too darn hot! Actually I wanted to bum on the beach but he didn't write that.

So, lo and behold -- a thunderstorm warning?! Sure enough, I found myself drenched walking from school to the car on P Street tonight. I'm singin' in the rain, just singin' in the rain. What a glorious feeling -- I'm happy again! Yes, that was a welcome reprieve from the heat.

It didn't matter that the rain was messing up my makeup and I had to wash my hair again when I got home, 'cos rain, I get a kick out of you! I've been fighting vainly the old ennui, and I suddenly turn and see your fabulous face. I've had a rough day, tough week, crazy month, manic years. But in the moment the rain came down...the memory of all of that, no they can't take that away from me.

So, making sure that no one was watching, in one of those dark little streets in Georgetown, I did a little jig and tap in the rain, with the rain, almost like Gene Kelly. And I felt like heaven, I'm in heaven, and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak. And I seem to find the happiness I seek, when we're out together dancing cheek to cheek. 

So, thank you rain, for reminding me that you've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative, and don't mess with Mr. In-between!

* Inspired by rain in the night, great song writers (they don't write 'em like they used to) and gratitude for life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment